Responsibilities include development, communication and implementation of strategies and tactics for the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association (NLTRA) sponsored special events, special event partnership funding program, event recruitment, sponsorship, budget and contract management, permit assistance, and ROI analysis. This includes oversight of event related public relations, community relations, media relations, and visitor research for the destination. The position will also be responsible for the planning and execution of select NLTRA owned events including but not limited to, an annual awards dinner and winter holiday fair.
The position requires professional communication skills, strong computer skills, especially word, excel, and power point. In addition, knowledge of basic graphic design, use of WordPress, internet and web site management preferred. Excellent organizational skills, writing and public speaking skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations is also required. Some travel and weekend work will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manage and coordinate all aspects of Special Event Sponsorship and Partnership Funding contracts. Including, but not limited to:
Assist event organizers with event logistics when requested, including but not limited to:
- Sponsorship/Event Selection, Recommendation and Presentation to Stakeholders
- Contracts Negotiations, Execution, and Fulfillment of Obligations
- Budget Management – Forecasting, Actualization
- Oversight of contracts with PR/Marketing Agencies for Event Specific Contracts
- Organization of On-Site Event Activations
- Community Communications
- Assistance with Permitting
- Creation of Event Recaps and Appropriate Reporting
- Coordination and execution of out-of-market event sponsorships
- Assist in New Event Acquisitions
- Oversee planning, promotion and execution of NLTRA owned special events in conjunction with appropriate departments
- 3 years experience in event production
- Computer proficiency and strong administrative skills
- Understanding of the destination marketing industry 2. College degree
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral 2. Organization and planning skills
- Experience with budget oversight
- Creative and graphic design skills
College degree preferred.
Hospitality experience preferred. Previous marketing or events experience in North Lake Tahoe preferred. Strong knowledge of North Lake Tahoe area preferred.
LICENSES OR PERMITS REQUIRED:
Valid State of California or State of Nevada Driver’s License. Valid ID, green card or resident card, if not a U.S. citizen.
$19/hour - $22/hour depending on experience.