The position of CEO provides leadership oversight of and is responsible for the successful operation of the North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association. This includes creating and implementing strategic and operational plans, developing budgets, managing financial performance, and supervising all department directors, managers and staff. Additionally, this position will facilitate Board and Committee activities and provide assistance in their administrative support. The CEO will represent the organization and its objectives as liaison with Placer County, multiple Regional Agencies, future funding partners, community organizations, cooperative partnerships and member businesses.
- Oversee the implementation, planning, and execution of the Destination Tourism related functions of the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association (NLTRA) as directed by the NLTRA Board of Directors, NLTRA Marketing Committee and the North Lake Tahoe Marketing Cooperative (NLTMC). (Destination Tourism Knowledge, Leadership, Organizational Skill, Presentation Skills, Relationship Skills)
- Lead members of the staff, based on direction from the Board, to develop annual and other strategic and operational plans, including but not limited to the Strategic Goals and Action Plan, Tourism Master Plan, marketing strategies and plans, long range funding plan, Chamber plan and annual budget. (Relations with Board, Planning, Organization Skills, Communications, Management Skills, Leadership, Budget/Finance)
- Lead and support the Board in negotiations with Placer County to develop its Annual Contract, Scope of Work and TOT budget. (Budget/Finance, Relations with Board, Planning, Organization Skills, Communications, Management Skills, Leadership)
- Ensure proper administrative support is provided to Board and committees, along with any and all information necessary to assist the Board and committees in the performance of their duties. (Relations with Board, Management Skills)
- Provide support to the Capital Projects Advisory Committee in their role to recommend Tourism Master Plan priorities and capital projects to the Placer County Board of Supervisors. (Budget/Finance, Planning, Organization Skills, Communications, Management Skills, Leadership)
- Oversee management and staff in the performance of their daily duties, ensuring the implementation of an annual performance review process for all employees. (Personnel Relations, Management Skills)
- Direct and provide overall supervision of the organization’s involvement in all special events and activities. (Personnel Relations, Communications, Management Skills, Leadership)
- Pursue and manage implementation of additional funding sources not currently utilized, including but not limited to TBID formation, grant application, economic development programs, new legislative initiatives and other public and private funding. (Budget /Finance, Planning, Leadership)
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization; attend public meetings, representing membership’s position on issues at local, state and federal levels as appropriate. (Communications, Leadership)
- Be responsible for the enforcement of all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the organization in any contract and/or rules and regulations of the organization. If any violations occur, take actions and proceedings as may be necessary to enforce them. (Management Skills, Communications)
- Be responsible for courteous and fair treatment of all members of the Chamber, as well as staff and guests. (Communications, Organization Skills)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
- Paramount are strong leadership and organizational skills; ability to build an effective organization and develop critical relationships with local leaders, community members and regional partners; and strategic planning with demonstrated successful outcomes
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- 10+ years of experience in destination tourism or related efforts
- Leadership experience with destination marketing, business management practices and procedures
- Leadership experience with Chamber of Commerce organization and functional issues.
- Leadership experience with budget development, management and tracking
- Understanding of and proven success in management of a multi-regional jurisdictional destination like Lake Tahoe, which incorporates two states, five counties and multiple regional jurisdictions
- Experience working in a small team environment
- Four year degree from an academic institution or commensurate experience; marketing, sales, hospitality or business major preferred
- Minimum 7 years in an executive leadership role.
This could be a great opportunity for your professional and personal future. If you are interested in the position, please respond to HR@gotahoenorth.com with your resume.
- Valid CA/NV driver’s license
- Valid ID, Green Card or Resident Card if not a US Citizen