- News & Events
- Visitor Info
MWA, Inc. Architecture & Engineering
Structural Drafter / Designer Position
MWA, Inc. Architecture & Engineering - Truckee, CA office is seeking a well-rounded and self-motivated
applicant for immediate placement as a structural drafter / designer for custom residential, multi-family,
and commercial projects. This position can grow based on the motivation and tenacity of the individual
and their ability to work with our team.
MWA, Inc. is a fast-paced award winning, full service architecture, interior design, engineering, and
planning studio located in Truckee, California near Lake Tahoe. MWA, Inc. specializes in unique snow
country design projects that focus on creativity, innovation and collaboration within a vibrant, open
think-tank environment. Our goal is a sustainable balance of community, the environment, and economic
reality. Our corporate culture is well known as one of respect, empowerment, mentorship, freedom,
comradery, personal growth, social consciousness, and joy.
Visit www.mwa-truckee.com for more about MWA, Inc. and to view our project portfolio.
Associates Degree from an accredited engineering program with a focus in Structural/Architectural
2+ years of experience structural drafting
Working knowledge of softwares such as Revit, Autocad, Word, Excel or similar
Experience in production for all phases of design and construction documents
Knowledge of construction materials, methods, and building codes
Skills and attributes for success at MWA:
Self-starter who is motivated and able to work independently
Team player who can work collaboratively in a fast paced environment
Communicator with superior written, verbal, and graphic skills
Problem solver with strategic thinking skills
Organized planner able to balance multiple projects and deadlines
● Reports to Principal Engineer. Works under the direction of the structural project lead on
structural design projects.
● Performs engineering design including structural calculations and/or drafting as assigned by the
● Communicates with the principal engineer, structural project lead, and other structural team
members on a regular basis through the design period of the project.
● May occasionally assist the architectural team with other tasks such as drafting and plotting.
● Works to learn current design codes used on structural projects.
● May perform structural observations of projects during construction.
● Assist with preparation of documents to support construction activities such as clarification
sketches (CS’s) and plan revisions.
● Maintain MWA, Inc. operations, quality and CAD standards relative to the structural design of
Offering a full suite of benefits, MWA, Inc. is focused on investing in our employees who enable our
company to fulfill our mission and achieve success. We want to promote balance, so you not only enjoy
your work, but also have the time and resources to live your life happy and healthy.
● Medical, Dental and Vision- MWA, Inc. pays 100% of all qualifying employee medical
● Basic Life Insurance
● 401(k) and 401(k) matching (up to 4%)
● PTO, Sick Time, and 7 Paid Holidays
● Education Assistance
● flexible schedule
Estimated hourly pay (dependent on experience): $25 - $35
Full time positon
Remote work & Hybrid Remote work available
Dog friendly office environment: Well behaved dogs welcome!
Please submit a cover letter and resume with references in PDF format to