The position of Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring a smooth flow of work in the administrative sector by assisting the Office Manager, Director of Communications & PR/Business Services, Director of Sales, Director of Marketing and CEO/Executive Director in all capacities. General office management, supply inventory, member communications, assistance with membership programs and collateral development, and CEO/Executive Director correspondence will be fulfilled with this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Additional Job Functions:
- Maintain office supply inventory while holding to budget annually
- Answer incoming calls and take messages for staff and CEO in their absence
- Maintain all office machinery, computers, phone systems in working order
- Maintain membership database and keep all business distribution updated (retail, lodging and restaurant) bi-annually.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail
- Assist in compiling and distributing weekly e-newsletters and Member to Member communication
- Assist with membership social media campaigns
- Handle shipping requests for all departments.
- Maintain distribution list in iDSS as directed by directors and staff and assist with e-mail campaigns and data import and data entry as necessary.
Essential Qualifications & Abilities:
- Assist with Membership events in whatever capacity necessary
- Assist with compiling meeting agenda and packets, transcribing minutes and general preparation if the Office Manager is absent.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint design and layout for presentations, Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, Outlook distribution lists and GoToMeeting
- Basic math skills
- Composition skills, secretarial skills including typing, efficient minute taking, spelling and grammar
- May be assigned to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events
- Prioritizes job responsibilities without direct supervision
- Takes initiative, works independently
- Uses appropriate phone etiquette
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High School degree or equivalent required
- General office or secretarial experience, knowledge of computers and use of office equipment
- CVB or Chamber experience is helpful
- Strong customer service experience
- Experience with database systems, communication software, social media platforms, and basic design software
- Valid state of CA or state of NV drivers license
- Valid ID, green card or resident card, if not a U.S. citizen