The Group Sales Manager will be responsible for promoting and increasing Group Room Revenue for all Granite Peak Management rental brands as meeting, gathering and event destinations. The Group Sales Manager will be responsible for lead generation, qualification and solicitation of organizations and area events through professional relationship development, personal sales calls, telemarketing, direct mail, electronic media and tradeshow involvement. The Group Sales Manager will work closely with the Director of Sales and Revenue Manager to identify appropriate dates and pricing structures to impact the growth of company RevPAR in the most beneficial manner, in consideration of overall mix of business with our individual Leisure travel segment.
The Group Sales Manager will also oversee coordination of all group and event functions at all GPM rental brands in a manner that ensures repeat visitation of the groups and events. The Group Sales Manager will direct the work of a Group Sales Coordinator and work collaboratively with all other GPM departments to achieve the highest levels of group and event customer satisfaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities, other duties maybe assigned.
- Responds quickly and effectively to all group inquiries, and manages all administration and coordination from lead generation through post event follow up.
- Maintains and develops relationships with industry partners with mutually beneficial strategic goals.
- Recognizes target markets and develops a strategic and targeted prospect database.
- Creates new prospects via phone, email, networking, tradeshows and sales missions.
- Recognizes and responds to regional events or activities where occupancy opportunities exist.
- Work closely with 3rd party partners and our own internal marketing and sales programs to generate new or repeat business.
- Assists Director of Marketing with strategic marketing planning and tactical action designed to increase awareness of our resort property brands.
- Works directly with Revenue Manager to identify dates and appropriate rate structures to most positively impact RevPAR for all GPM rental brands.
- Oversees coordination of all activities, functions, special events, meeting space, room blocks, meetings supplies and catering relations for all GPM Rental brand groups and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree with a minimum of 3 years Hospitality Group Sales experience or High School Diploma with minimum of 5 years Hospitality Group Sales experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, sales tax, commissions, proportions, percentages and area.
Computer experience required. Knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to deal with practical problems involving a variety of variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Continuing education in industry Revenue Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.